Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Lentil and quinoa salad.

Lentil/quinoa salad
I keep forgetting to eat enough legumes (most likely because I don't know enough recipes with legumes in them), which I absolutely should as a vegetarian, but every so often I commit myself to making a meal with lentils, beans or peas. Yesterday was one of those days and I came up with a lentil salad that contained a lot of quinoa as well - the reason why I've opted to call it a lentil and quinoa salad.

Lentils
Quinoa

1. Boil about two dl of green lentils and about two - three dl of quinoa. Let cool.

Onion

2. Chop one small onion and a few cloves of garlic.

Carrots

3. Grind three small carrots.

Cucumber

4. Slice one big cucumber or two small.

Green onion

5. Slice some green onion. I used quite a lot of it since I love green onion.

Paprika

6. Slice one paprika and mix everything together.

Lemon

7. Add lemon zest.

Sesame seeds

8. And sesame seeds.

Lentil/quinoa salad

9. Voilá! Sprinkle with some salt, a tiny bit of pepper and add parsley and coriander (preferably fresh!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Powered by Blogger | Printable Coupons